Jackie Chan is a world-famous, household name thanks to the many popular films that he’s starred in. He’s a singer, comedian, film director, and actor, even receiving an Honorary Oscar Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016 over his part in the film industry, and for having done over 200 films in his career. He’s known for performing all of his own stunts in his many action films throughout the years, no matter how complex and dangerous it may be.
And although we may know him best for his acting, he’s also an extremely accomplished martial artist. He’s stated that he was 8 years old when he first began his training, and even from a young age he knew that he wanted to one day be an expert fighter. Many years later, and Chan would become a master in many of the disciplines that he participates in, and follows an incredibly strict workout routine that keeps him strong, agile, and tireless.
His Workout Regime
Jackie Chan starts every day by running between 3 and 5 miles. This is a great way of warming up the body and building the stamina that will prove useful in later exercises. After his run is completed, he starts on his own classic workout routine that he has perfected over many years. He believes that the simplest exercises are the most effective, as long as they are done properly and regularly.
- 5 Sets of Decline Situps, 20 reps for each set
- 5 Sets of Knuckle Pushups – 10 reps for each set
- 3 Sets of Bench Presses – 15 reps for each set
- 3 Sets of Pulldowns – 15 reps for each set
- 2 sets of Incline Bench Presses – 15 reps of reach set
- 2 sets of Seated Rows – 15 reps of each set
- 2 Sets of Dumbbell or Cable Overhead Presses – 15 reps for each set
After a short break, the workout continues as so:
- 3 sets of Barbell squats – 15 reps for each set
- 2 sets of Dumbbell Lunges – 15 reps for each set
- 2 sets of Leg Curls – 15 reps of each set
- 2 sets of Dumbbell or machine Biceps Curls – 15 reps of each set
- 2 sets of Cable Tricep Pushdowns – 15 reps for each set
- 3 sets of Focus Mitt or Thai pad workouts
After the routine is finished, it’s important to take a break for half an hour to an hour and relax with some music or a game from bet365 NZ, and to drink plenty of water to keep the body properly hydrated.
His Diet Plan
While Jackie Chan hasn’t officially released a diet plan, he has confirmed that it’s low in fact, cabs, and sodium, while being high in protein, which is important for both muscle repair and growth. Fresh vegetables and fruit is recommended, and processed food, such as white bread and cheap pasta is best avoided, along with soda and other sugar-based foods.